This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- through our Apps, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Company; and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company, including through the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, unique user name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, other contact and demographic information, password, phone number, and payment information.
How is information collected?
The information we collect on or through our Services includes information (including Personal Information) provided by you directly, such as information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services, information requested from you when you report a problem with our Services, and records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. We may request that you voluntarily supply us with information, including Personal Information, so that we may enhance your visit or follow up with you after your visit. Whether you provide any information is entirely up to you.
Additionally, when you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information, such as your device type and Internet Protocol address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, your activity on the Services, device ID for your mobile device, and information about your use and activity through the Services collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service. We treat this information as Personal Information only if we combine it with or link it to any of the Personal Information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. Web browsers may incorporate or activate these features differently, making it unclear if users have consciously activated them. As a result, at this time we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
What are cookies and web beacons and how are they used?
The Services, like many other commercial web sites, may utilize a standard technology called “cookies” to collect information about how our site is used. Cookies were designed to help a web site operator determine that a particular user had visited the site previously and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. Cookies are small strings of text that web sites can send to your browser. Cookies cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your e-mail address. If you are simply browsing one of our information sites, a cookie may be used to identify your browser as one that has visited the site before. We may also make use of memory-based cookies in support of authenticating the user of certain of our web applications.
Pages of our the Website and our other Services may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How is information used?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- If applicable, to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though our Services.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, products databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our products and Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How is information disclosed?
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users or customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Also, the Company may provide aggregate statistics about visitors to our sites, such as volume, traffic to the site, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no Personal Information. The Company may also disclose information in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process, protect and defend our rights or property or act to protect the interests of our users or others.
What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information?
If you have voluntarily provided information, you consented to the collection and use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement. If, in connection with your use of a particular Service, we ask to use your data in a way not described in this Privacy Statement and you do not wish to permit that use, you can choose not to use the particular Service.
If you have voluntarily provided Personal Information, we may, from time to time, send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services. If you wish to not receive further communications from the Company, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our database.
How does Cope Plastics protect your information?
We exercise great care to protect your Personal Information. This protection includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This fact is especially true for information you transmit to us via e-mail. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Internally, we will restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are committed to our privacy policies.
We will review our security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any interactive or public comment features of the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, any screen name or user name you may use, or any other Personal Information. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Cope Plastics, Inc., Attn: Shine the Light Request, 4441 Industrial Drive, Alton, IL 62002.
Information Received From Third Parties
If you choose to connect your account on our Services to your account on another service, we may receive information from the other service. You may also choose to grant us access to your data from another service. You can stop sharing the information from the other service with us by removing our access to that other service.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any third party’s policies or procedures, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Cope Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Copyright Concerns
4441 Industrial Drive
Alton, IL 62002
Telephone: (800) 851-551